Regular outdoor and/or Zoom rehearsals are discontinued. Normal indoor rehearsals continue in Holy Cross Church, Uckfield. There is ample free parking in the large neighbouring public car park (accessed from Uckfield High Street). Rehearsals will commence at 7.45pm and finish at 9.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE, THE MEASURES DETAILED BELOW ARE HISTORICAL AND CURRENTLY DO NOT APPLY (SEPTEMBER 2023). HOWEVER SHOULD COVID INFECTION LEVELS RISE TO A POINT WHERE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS ARE IMPOSED, THE WORDING BELOW WILL BE UPDATED AS NECESSARY TO COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS.
SAFETY MEASURES IMPLEMENTED AS NECESSARY DEPENDING ON LOCAL INFECTION LEVELS:
• Face coverings should be worn as you arrive, find your seat and leave. They may be taken off when we rehearse.
• We ask that everyone takes a lateral flow test on the day of the rehearsal. This is very simple. The tests are available from pharmacists or on-line and cost nothing. You will self-administer, wait 15 or 30 minutes (depending on the instructions with the test), then record your result by accessing: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result . Within a few moments you will receive confirmation by email and text that your test result has been recorded. If you test positive for Covid 19, you should follow the government advice and please do not attend the rehearsal. We will not be asking you to show proof of a negative test because we know that we can trust everyone to act responsibly.
• The rehearsal room will be ventilated as much as possible.
• Surfaces will be cleaned before and after rehearsals.
• Only one person at a time should use the toilet and face coverings should be worn.
• Please maintain social distancing when entering and leaving the building and when you socialise.
• Seating will be socially distanced and all facing forward.
• Please do not share music.
• If you have any discarded items, please take them home when you leave.
• If you become unwell during a rehearsal we ask that you leave immediately. Please inform the choir secretary ( email@example.com ) if you test positive for Covid.
The Committee has produced a Risk Assessment for Indoor Rehearsals. Open this via the following link: